Life in a marginal: the dark arts

Hmm. An anonymous brown envelope arrives containing all kinds of terrible revelations about Labour. Who could it be from?


I'm guessing it's not from Labour...


I see it's very positive about the Lib Dems' record in government on the back. Could this be a clue as to the senders? Ah yes! They admit all in the very small print at the bottom. I should have guessed from the paper.

Quite why they think this will convince me to vote Lib Dem is beyond me. At least the previous Ferrero Rocher letter was upfront about being from the John Leech campaign. This one is a new low, not only repeating the same old twaddle about Labour causing the financial crisis, but also heavily implying without openly stating that Labour plan to cut more than the Lib Dems in the next parliament, when of course the opposite is true.

Still, if the Lib Dems want to spend good money making it less likely I'll vote Lib Dem, that's their call.

Comments

  1. Try living in a non-marginal, a couple of leaflets, no canvassing and nobody interested. The only moment of excitement was when I thought Lord Sugar was standing and then I realised it was a different Sir Alan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark. See the link below for more info.


    #dark
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What would a Labour Brexit look like?

Unseen Academicals and the meaning of sport

Are Starmer's pledges worth the paper they were written on?