Life in a marginal: endgame

Lest we forget that it's polling day today, the Lib Dems got up early to remind us:


The scan cannot adequately convey the sheer size and weight of this greeting. It was impossible to see the hallway beneath it. If the election were decided purely on last day polling reminder card area, the Lib Dems would be odds on for a landslide.

The Labour effort looked a bit feeble in comparison:




Still, the same quality card stock. The boat is being pushed out by both teams. And Labour even came to my door to ask how I'd voted.

So what was the result of all these months of persuasion?

I went for Jeff Smith. John Leech was a good MP with a great voting record and I wouldn't be unhappy if he were returned to parliament, but I was put off by his attacks on Labour's economic record and plans. Ultimately I voted for those plans.

In the local elections I voted Lib Dem, as a kind of oblique protest against first past the post. It is unhealthy for all of Manchester's councillors to be Labour, and the Lib Dems are best placed to offer some scrutiny. See? All that propaganda does have an effect in the end...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What would a Labour Brexit look like?

Unseen Academicals and the meaning of sport

Are Starmer's pledges worth the paper they were written on?